Our region—planned and nurtured as a model of innovation, sustainability and quality of life—is at a turning point.
- An affordable housing shortage is forcing young people, working people and families out of our neighborhoods.
- Our world-class transportation system has stagnated in its ability to move a growing population and increased freight.
- We are struggling to maintain transit, streets, and other infrastructure.
- Our planning has not kept pace with growth of our economy, new opportunities for small business, and the critical need to protect greenbelts and open space. Our next Metro Council President must address these challenges—uniting our region around our common values to seek solutions that serve current residents and future generations.
As our next Metro Council President, Lynn will work to:
- Secure a successful businesses environment for small and homegrown businesses to thrive;
- Speak out and defend our basic rights to safe, respectful communities—the progressive values of our region;
- Safeguard our clean air, water and food supply with smart land use;
- Fight for you and your family’s quality of life, including affordable housing and transportation investments;
- Protect your right to participate and be heard in decision-making affecting you and your community;
- Protect your taxpayer dollars by providing effective oversight and accountability.